Junior Civitan International is a volunteer service organization for young people, dedicated to building good citizenship, leadership development, and helping people with developmental disabilities.
If you would like to join our Google Classroom the code is 6sh2neh.
• There are approximately 11,000 Junior Civitans in nearly 350 clubs across North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia. Young people who have reached at least middle school or junior high school, and are 18 years of age or younger, are eligible for membership.
• Established in 1932, Junior Civitan is a program of Civitan International. Civitan is a worldwide association of volunteer service clubs, with more than 40,000 total members. Many Civitan clubs sponsor a Junior Civitan club in their area, providing leadership, guidance, and support.
• Junior Civitan clubs are organized and meet in local high schools, junior high schools, and middle schools. Each club has at least one advisor, usually a teacher or administrator at the school.
• Junior Civitans hold leadership positions at the club, district and international levels of the organization, including international president.
• The primary charity outlet of Junior Civitan is the Civitan International Research Center. This world-class research facility was founded through an ongoing financial commitment from Civitan International. Researchers there conduct groundbreaking research into developmental disabilities and other cognitive disorders such as autism, Down syndrome, brain cancer, and more. This facility is funded in part through ongoing fundraisers by Junior Civitans, such as the Junior Civitan Dance-a-thon and Sno-Do events.
• Each Junior Civitan club has autonomy in choosing which charities and community service programs they will participate in. Other programs supported by Junior Civitan clubs include Special Olympics International, Children’s Hospitals of North America, The Arc and many more.
• The official website of Junior Civitan International is www.juniorcivitan.org. To contact Junior Civitan, call 1-800-CIVITAN, extension 131, or send an email to email@example.com.